I had some beautiful silk and wool yarn blend that I decided to make a tuck lace shawl out of on my brother KX350 knitting machine. I used 60 needles and started with an E wrap and did the first 10 rows plain then for the tuck lace stitch I put on hold every third needle and did three passes then three passes off hold. I set the tension dial to 5. The length is 526 rows. Then I wet blocked it overnight. I noticed when I blocked it there were a few places on the edges that the needles did not pick up fully so I had to make some minor repairs. Overall I think it turned out OK.
This has been an undertaking! My mom gave me her old double strand of beads with a vintage onyx clasp from the 60’s to clean up and repair. Unfortunately the beads were so old, the coating was coming off so I decided to get all new beads and learn how to knot them. After a few lessons in knotting from my friend Clay Burnette, I found that Griffin silk cord in size 8 was the best option. I knotted each strand, cleaned the clasp, and created a whole new necklace just in time for Valentine’s day.
Laying out the beads before knotting:
Below is the original clasp with some original beads:
Griffin silk cord, size 8 and starting the knotting:
vintage clasp cleaned and ready:
after knotting both strands, I used glue to make sure the findings would stay in place:
Close up of clasp on finished necklace:
And finally, the finished necklace!
Finished and delivered this birthday gift! It’s a wrap/capelet and I used two strands of yarn for the body: cashmere/merino and silk mohair. I didn’t use a pattern either – guess I should write these things down as I do them!
Made this loom knitted scarf for Saskia from fine silk mohair yarn.
Update: I made this scarf using the smallest (blue) circular loom knitting loom only using every other peg. There was no pattern so just keep going till it’s long enough then cast off and tie ends in knots. It’s that simple 🙂
Well, I set out to make a scarf but didn’t like the feel of the yarn SO I got inspired to make this instead! I used one skein of Noro Yuzen wool silk mohair yarn and a simple shell stitch. I sewed together the sides to make a sleeve and turned it inside out. Then with the remaining yarn I made the knitted tension cord for the bottle neck. I think I have finally found a great use for this yarn!