Made this wrap on my knitting machine.
This baby blanket only took four nights to create on my brother KX-350 knitting machine. I used a basic acrylic yarn and crocheted a single, half double, double crochet border around it. The border was a little too bunched up so I know now for next time to skip every third row when making the border. I used 120 hooks on the machine and knitted 150 rows on tension dial number eight.
Well I am back home after a wonderful weekend at the southeast men’s knitting retreat at Asbury Hills Methodist campground in Greenville County South Carolina. We had a great turnout with 20 attendees and I got lots of projects worked on and some new project started. We visited two wonderful yarn shops in Greenville. Yarn and Y’all was a great shop and we also went to my favorite Greenville yarn shop called The Needle Tree. Asbury Hills was a really great facility and we had two different cottages and had all of our classes and meals in the main dining hall. And Friday night we also went out to dinner at Trio brick oven Café in downtown Greenville South Carolina. The food was also particularly good at the retreat center. I already miss everybody and I’m looking forward to next years retreat.
I found some sale yarn I bought months ago and thought I’d try it on my knitting machine. The result? A great little summer scarf. Here’s a description of the yarn:
Rowan Purelife Revive Yarn – Color: Marble; Color Number: 466; Dye Lot: 3604; Yarn Weight: DK / Light Worsted ; Fiber Content: 36% Recycled Cotton, 36% Recycled Silk, 28% Recycled Viscose; Yardage: 137 yards in 50 grams; Gauge: 5.5 stitches = 1″ on US 6 needles; Ply: Plied; Texture: Smooth; Care: Hand Wash, Lay Flat to Dry. A fully recycled DK weight summer yarn with a wonderful rustic tweed effect.
I had some beautiful silk and wool yarn blend that I decided to make a tuck lace shawl out of on my brother KX350 knitting machine. I used 60 needles and started with an E wrap and did the first 10 rows plain then for the tuck lace stitch I put on hold every third needle and did three passes then three passes off hold. I set the tension dial to 5. The length is 526 rows. Then I wet blocked it overnight. I noticed when I blocked it there were a few places on the edges that the needles did not pick up fully so I had to make some minor repairs. Overall I think it turned out OK.
I decided to try a new stitch on the knitting machine so I used cotton thread and using 32 needles and the tension dial set at six, I did a few rows then put in hold position every third needle. Then I would knit three rows on hold position then three rows off the hold position and so forth. Now I’ll have to try this on a scarf or something 🙂
This morning I decided to try and use my brother KX-350 home knitter knitting machine to make a baby blue child’s hat with a pom-pom. I could not find any patterns so I made this one up from looking at various videos online. For this hat I used 70 hooks and for the brim I knitted 50 rows then folded it over onto itself then continued knitting up to 90 rows. For the hat brim I set the tension dial at five then for the rest of the hat I set the tension dial at seven. I still need to work a lot on the seaming part but overall it turned out OK.