So I decided to try to use this basic knit pattern for a sock and tried to make up this Tunisian simple stitch pattern but it didn’t really turn out how I planned. The sock turned out really too small and tight and I could try to do it with a better kind of sock yarn and it might work out OK. So this was a good learning experience that it’s a great idea to stick with the pattern.
Well it’s been about two months, but I’ve finally finished my first sweater! And I think it turned out really nice! I use green Lopi wool (took about 11 skeins) and the zipper is brass that my sister sewed in for me. I used a free Ravelry pattern that is called Tunisian Rib Stitch Zip Front Cardigan by Treva McCain. You can download it here for free. However, I only used the basic shapes and sizes from the pattern and made the collar larger to fit the zipper I bought online which was 34 inches. I also used a size K tunisian crochet hook. I’m really happy with the way it turned out!
The above picture is lining up the zipper with pins before it gets sewn in.
Karen has a Bernina Limited. It’s the fanciest sewing machine I’ve ever seen.
we picked out the green thread on the left.
This is a photo before the zipper got put in. I was trying to see how much more border I needed to add.
This was a photo of just the back panel and one of the front panels completed.