Made this wrap on my knitting machine.
This baby blanket only took four nights to create on my brother KX-350 knitting machine. I used a basic acrylic yarn and crocheted a single, half double, double crochet border around it. The border was a little too bunched up so I know now for next time to skip every third row when making the border. I used 120 hooks on the machine and knitted 150 rows on tension dial number eight.
I found some sale yarn I bought months ago and thought I’d try it on my knitting machine. The result? A great little summer scarf. Here’s a description of the yarn:
Rowan Purelife Revive Yarn – Color: Marble; Color Number: 466; Dye Lot: 3604; Yarn Weight: DK / Light Worsted ; Fiber Content: 36% Recycled Cotton, 36% Recycled Silk, 28% Recycled Viscose; Yardage: 137 yards in 50 grams; Gauge: 5.5 stitches = 1″ on US 6 needles; Ply: Plied; Texture: Smooth; Care: Hand Wash, Lay Flat to Dry. A fully recycled DK weight summer yarn with a wonderful rustic tweed effect.
I had some beautiful silk and wool yarn blend that I decided to make a tuck lace shawl out of on my brother KX350 knitting machine. I used 60 needles and started with an E wrap and did the first 10 rows plain then for the tuck lace stitch I put on hold every third needle and did three passes then three passes off hold. I set the tension dial to 5. The length is 526 rows. Then I wet blocked it overnight. I noticed when I blocked it there were a few places on the edges that the needles did not pick up fully so I had to make some minor repairs. Overall I think it turned out OK.
I decided to try a new stitch on the knitting machine so I used cotton thread and using 32 needles and the tension dial set at six, I did a few rows then put in hold position every third needle. Then I would knit three rows on hold position then three rows off the hold position and so forth. Now I’ll have to try this on a scarf or something 🙂
This morning I decided to try and use my brother KX-350 home knitter knitting machine to make a baby blue child’s hat with a pom-pom. I could not find any patterns so I made this one up from looking at various videos online. For this hat I used 70 hooks and for the brim I knitted 50 rows then folded it over onto itself then continued knitting up to 90 rows. For the hat brim I set the tension dial at five then for the rest of the hat I set the tension dial at seven. I still need to work a lot on the seaming part but overall it turned out OK.
This is the second dish cloth that I have made on the knitting machine. I used Maysville carpet warp and the color is myrtle green. I knitted 60 rows on 40 hooks. I decided to set the tension at three and like it a lot better than the previous dish cloth tension setting which was 6. I crocheted the edging with a size D metal crochet hook in a shell stitch pattern.