I decided to learn a new stitch for this scarf. It’s called a Suzette stitch and it’s very easy. You can see the tutorial on YouTube. https://youtu.be/52-uPg-0MAo For this scarf I used Mochi by Berroco yarns. I’m interested to try this stitch using other types of yarn to see how it turns out!
For these beanies I used Michael’s Impeccable acrylic yarns. I usually never use acrylic but these may be getting some heavy use and need to be tossed in the wash 🙂 this is a free pattern that uses half double crochet and mini bean stitching. It’s available at christacodesign.com.
I just finished this knit-look super bulky slouch but I think it looks more just like a hat. The pattern by Jennifer Renaud was really interesting because of the way the rows increased and decreased. I used two skeins of Mamacha Peruvian alpaca wool blend that is super soft! I also used a 9 mm... Continue Reading →
I have 7 skeins of Noro silk garden and started thinking I’ll make a poncho! It’s turning out nicely but I’m going to have to get more yarn and figure out more things as I go along. I’m using a linen stitch and so far I like how it’s going! Stay tuned…
This is my first top down crocheted sweater and I think it turned out great. I slightly adjusted the pattern and used a plain HDC stitch instead of the one called for. You can find the pattern and yarns here.
Here is a cowl made from one ball of Noro Okunoshima which is silk, wool, angora, and mohair. I love the color combination! I made up the pattern but it’s mostly half double crochet and bobble stitches.
Here is a baby blanket in Plymouth yarn cotton. I used 5 skeins and a K hook and a moss or linen stitch.
I am happy to report that I have finally finished this mini Afghan. I used three different yarns. I used the Queensland wool and cotton blend that was 1500 yards and came in four colors in one cake. Then, I used a mohair and silk blend from Orion fiber arts from New York and then... Continue Reading →
I made this simple baby blanket in a linen stitch. No pattern either 🙂 the yarn is acrylic (3 large skeins) and an I hook. It only took about three weeks which is quick for me.